Tuesday, July 27, 2010

NICKI SAYS NO "CATCHY LITTLE RAPS" ON HER DEBUT

Nicki Minaj recently spoke to Entertainment Weekly about her upcoming project:
“The album is much more emotional than you anticipate, which is a great thing. And I know women are gonna connect to the album so much. I felt like for so many years I was the girl who did the catchy little raps, and it’s time for me now to tell my story, and in telling my story, I’m really telling every girl’s story. We all go through the same thing. So the album is gonna feel very personal to every female.”
No more catchy little raps?? I’m elated! If she goes back to her roots and tones down the Nightmare on Elm Street antics there may be hope for a real femcee to get mainstream notoriety in this day in age. I’m hoping when she tells her story that she does it in english and doesn’t make up words like:
“bestest”
“todd-lor”
“bahn da bon bon oh”
I could go on but I’ll stop there. Swizz Beatz already spoke candidly about working with Minaj on her debut and she unveiled another producer on the album in this interview:
“I don’t want to say too much, but I just did some work with will.i.am. Just something for my album that I’m really excited about.”
She’s definitely calling on all the hit makers. I’m still stuck on the fact that she knows she does “catchy little raps.” Operative word here is “little.”

No comments:

Post a Comment